We operate under the rules and regulations of the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) of the UK. We hold a Full Permission for Aerial Work, as issued by the CAA, that allow us to work with any Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA), with a take off mass of 20kg or Below.
The rules in the UK for flying are the benchmark for other countries and as such, it is easier to gain permission to fly abroad if necessary.
The basic rules are as follows:
- Can be flown upto 500m from point of Pilot.
- Can be flown upto 400ft above ground level.
- Can not be flown within 150m of an Open Air event with 1000+ people.
- Can not be flown within 50m of person, structure or vehicle, unless under control of the Pilot / designated person. (Including congested area for <7kg rig).
- For the purposes of Take off and Landing, the 50m rule is reduced to 30m.
Further to these basic rules, other requirements may be needed to be addressed before flight can legally and safely commence.